Online Job Portal
An online job portal designed for our client in the US. The platform helps job seekers to search and apply for the latest job openings for users residing in the US.
The requirement was to develop a platform to search for jobs in The United States of America. The website includes all the latest job openings and the employer details for the last 3 years. The site provides for the insight information of 70,000 companies, their latest story feeds and also the sentiment (positive/negative) for each company. The user gets a survey about the experience with their current or former employer and also their preferred jobs and interests. Based on the score, the jobs favored by the user are listed as recommended. The payment methods were to be implemented on the website, by which user can subscribe to higher user level to unlock more filters and get a better search experience.
- Combine and store data of every company (approx 70,000) and their feeds.
- To analyze over a million records of political donations provided by each company in different years.
- To update the news feed table in HBase with the latest feeds for each company stored in the Database.
- To calculate the sentiment for every company stored in the DataBase.
- Utilized Hbase to store all the aggregated company data and their feeds
- Implemented data analysis workflows using Knime.
- Used Apache Flume to take URL feeds, collect them periodically and then update the Hbase table.
- The sentiments were calculated from the feeds related to individual companies.
- A solution that helped job seekers to search for jobs across The United States.
- The user get to see all the updated feeds and sentiments about the company.
- Users can take surveys on their preferred job. This will help in highlighting the job recommendation by the user.