Backend Engineer - Sr
We are looking for an experienced Backend developer to join our team who will be responsible for leading a server-side team of our web/mobile applications. Basic knowledge of Machine Learning/NLP is appreciated. If you have excellent programming skills and a passion for developing applications or improving existing ones, we would like to meet you. As a Backend developer, you’ll have to mentor junior developers and actively participate in the design and architecture phase of our backend solutions. Ultimately, you should be able to develop and maintain functional and stable web/mobile applications to meet our company’s needs.
- Guide team development efforts towards successful project delivery.
- Provide technical leadership to teammates through training and mentorship.
- Maintain high standards of software quality within the team by establishing good practices and habits.
- Identify and encourage areas for growth and improvement within the team.
- Collaborate with other software developers, business analysts and software architects to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain backend applications.
- Assist in the collection and documentation of user's requirements, development of user stories, estimates and work plans.
- Prepare reports, manuals and other documentation on the status, operation, and maintenance of software.
- Design, develop, and unit test applications in accordance with established standards.
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code.
- Package and support deployment of releases.
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems.
- Assess opportunities for application and process improvement and prepare documentation of rationale to share with team members and others concerned.
- Adhere to high-quality development principles while delivering solutions on-time and on-budget.
- Research and evaluate a variety of software products.
Skills and Qualifications
- Must have at least 3 years of experience as a Backend developer.
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development, and deployment)
- Hands-on experience with programming languages like Java or Python.
- Experience with relational as well as any one NoSQL databases like MongoDB, HBase, Neo4j etc.
- Basic knowledge of Machine Learning and NLP.
- Hands-on experience with developing RESTful Web Services.
- Excellent analytical and time management skills.
- Teamwork skills with a problem-solving attitude.
- Team management and mentoring skills.